Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Recession As I See It


I always wonder if I’ll feel the recession if I had stayed in my ‘salaried and pensionable’ job and not given it up to chase a dream. Well, maybe I’d be able to buy more games for my son without thinking about the cost, or keep up with our regular Friday treat of eating out.

For a while, my events management business was going well, with parties organised and catered nearly every weekend. People spent a lot on the ultimate party – weddings, birthdays, confirmations, opening the envelope, you name it. When the recession began, people were not sure about what was going on. Everything came to a standstill for nearly a year. My bookings almost dried up. Then I think people adjusted, accepting that the recession was here to stay. Life continued and I started getting busy again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Folu, that weather has slowed down my known world. I hope it gave you bit of enjoyable free time!

    ReplyDelete